Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page April 2011 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — The HPS Annual Meeting Technical Program and Plenary Session are highlighted in this month's cover story by Program Task Force Chair Robin Hill and HPS President Ed Maher.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — HPS President Ed Maher researches definitions of "professionalism."
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses budget cutting at the nation's capitol.
- AGENCY NEWS — The NRC lays out framework for conducting mandatory hearings on new reactor licenses.
- The NRC issues new guidance on release of patients following iodine treatment for thyroid conditions.
- NOTES — Darrell Fisher updates Health Physics News on the supply of molybdenum-99.
- HPS IRPA 13 DELEGATE appointment selection process is announced.
- BOOK REVIEW — Andy Karam reviews the book Radioactive Air Sampling Methods, edited by Mark L. Maiello and Mark D. Hoover.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Members of the South Texas Chapter report on their winter meeting held 15 January in San Antonio.
- Members of the New England Chapter have an anniversary party scheduled for 13 May – Save the date and join them in the celebration.
- The Greater New York Chapter honors Michael T. Ryan with the 2010 Failla Memorial Award.
- The Atomic Energy Commission Fellowship class of 1949-1950 gathers at the Failla Memorial Award dinner in New York City.
- A DOSE OF REALITY — Could the "Healthy Worker Effect" be backwards?
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS— Radiation safety officer Dramane Konate is interviewed this month.
- HPS MIDYEAR MEETING PHOTO PAGES
- THE HP GENE — Armin Ansari interviews the Moeller family this month.
- NCRP RELEASES REPORT NO. 165, Responding to a Radiological or Nuclear Terrorism Incident: A Guide for Decision Makers. Health Physics News interviews John W. Poston, Sr.
- CHP CORNER — The 2010 ABHP activities are highlighted; duties of the Nominating Committee are discussed; and Jim Willison gives a Continuing Education update.
- ODDS AND ENDS — Paul Frame tells about the early 4 pi proportional counter.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 15 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.