Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page December 2010 issue of Health Physics News that includes the CHP News insert
- COVER — The 2011 HPS Midyear Topical Meeting will be held 6-9 February in Charleston. Task Force Chair Tim Kirkham and Jim Willison give readers a summary of the major topical areas that will be covered at the meeting and the unique attractions offered to Charleston visitors.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — Ed Maher was invited to be a member of the Advisory Board for South Carolina State University and Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College. Along the way, he visited HPS member John Till at his 1,000-acre farm.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses a meeting he and Dr. Richard Vetter attended where they discussed the shortage of 99Mo.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Summaries of meetings from the Virginia Chapter, the Florida Chapter, and the North Central Chapter.
- Four chapters of the Health Physics Society were declared inactive by action of the HPS Board.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — The Society member introduced this month is Joe Sorcic, senior health physicist for the United States Marine Corps.
- BOOK REVIEW — Kelly Classic reviews Radiation and Reason: The Impact of Science on a Culture of Fear, written by Wade Allison.
- KEITH DINGER IS RETIRING FROM SOCIETY ROLES.
- NOTES — 3M honors Mike Lewandowski with the 3M Community Volunteer Award.
- Palm Beach 2011 highlights
- Labor market trends through 2012
- HPS PAST PRESIDENT JOHN AUXIER HONORED AT 85TH BIRTHDAY PARTY
- THE HP GENE — Armin Ansari interviews the Roessler family.
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article discusses the x-ray diffraction injuries in Brazil in 1995.
- NCRP ANNOUNCES TWO NEW SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES
- CHP CORNER — Highlights of the ABHP Meeting held in June and Exam Site Committee activities
- ODDS AND ENDS — Paul Frame discusses the dentoscope - intra-oral fluoroscope (ca. 1930s).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 14 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.