Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page August 2010 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — August marks the 65th anniversary of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. It has been 35 years since the establishment of the RERF, a unique binational research institution to pursue health studies of atomic-bomb survivors. In the cover story this month, Dr. Evan Douple and Dr. Harry Cullings share information about the research studies at the foundation and the impact on the fields of radiation biology and radiation protection.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Health physicists are reminded to get involved in preparedness against terrorist acts.
- TWENTY-FIVE YEAR MEMBERS OF THE HPS
- 2010 HPS PDS — Rich Brey highlights the 2010 Professional Development School held at Idaho State University in Pocatello, Idaho.
- INTERNAL DOSIMETRY SERIES, PART FIVE — Mike Stabin gives his perspectives on the development and status of internal dose calculations as an essential element in the evaluation of both diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC seeks public comment on draft policy statement on protection of cesium chloride radiation sources.
- THE HP GENE — Armin Ansari's second HP Gene article highlights the Poston family.
- NCRP — Colorado State University will house the documents of Dr. Warren K. Sinclair.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Awards Committee Chair Richard E. Toohey announces the HPS award recipients honored at the HPS meeting in Salt Lake City.
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article discusses medical consequences of 137Cs exposure and contamination – Goiânia, Brazil, September 1987, Part II.
- CHP NEWS — Highlights of the Professional Development Committee meeting, William A. McAdams awardee, and a call for AAHP nominations
- ODDS AND ENDS — Paul Frame discusses a public-awareness poster.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 8 display ads and 14 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.