Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page July 2010 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Famous family connections in the field of science
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Howard Dickson writes his last President's Message by summing up his year in office and by thanking people for "making this the best year of my professional life."
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly discusses the HPS role in seeking funding for health physics scholarships.
- ENLARGING THE CONVERSATION — Richard Vetter assumes the role of agency liaison.
- POSITION STATEMENT — Stakeholder Engagement Position Statement adopted
- CHAPTER NEWS — Reports from the Florida Chapter and the Colorado State University Student Branch
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — Richard Jaquish writes about the notorious but not noted health physicist George Koval.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Letters responding to the April 2010 Health Physics News cover story "Speaking Up about Radon" from William E. Simon, Don Higson, and Jan Johnson.
- NOTES — The 56th HPS Annual Meeting will be held in West Palm Beach, Florida, 26-30 June 2011
- BOOK REVIEW — Andy Karam reports on Arman Ansari's book Radiation Threats and Your Safety: A Guide to Preparation and Response for Professionals and Community.
- THE HP GENE — Armin Ansari's first article about members of families with the HP Gene.
- JOHN MOULDER discusses "Medical Countermeasures against Radiological Terrorism – What Do We Need and What Do We Have?"
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC seeks public comment on proposed rule on security of radioactive materials.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — NCRP Commentary No. 16., Screening of Humans for Security Purposes Using Ionizing Radiation Scanning Systems.
- Publication of MARSAME
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article discusses medical management of the ARS – Goiânia, Brazil, September 1987.
- CHP NEWS — Highlights of the Part II Examination Panel workshop and the Title Protection and Professional Recognition Committee.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month Paul Frame discusses Black Rain.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 8 display ads and 15 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.