Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page May 2010 issue of Health Physics News.
- COVER — HPS President Howard Dickson gives the highlights of the June annual meeting plenary session on "The Future of the Nuclear Industry," and Ben Edwards and Matt McFee discuss the meeting's "outstanding array of interesting oral and poster presentations."
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Howard Dickson discusses Goal 5 of the HPS Strategic Plan and the variety of relationships that the HPS has with other organizations.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC Chairman Gregory B. Jaczko swears in two new commissioners: William D. Magwood IV and William C. Ostendorff.
- The NRC has asked NAS to study cancer risk in populations living near nuclear power facilities.
- COMMENTARY — Jeffry Siegel and Mike Stabin respond to the IAEA position statement on the release of radionuclide therapy patients.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses the CARE bill.
- NCRP – Summary of the 46th Annual NCRP Business Meeting held on 9 March 2010
- RICHARD J. VETTER RETIRES FROM MAYO CLINIC
- MORE ABOUT CT? — Dr. Stephanie Carlson has put together a series of blogs on CT imaging on the HPS website health care gateway.
- THE HISTORY OF IRPA — IRPA Archivist/Historian Geoff Webb has put together a chronological record of the events and meetings leading up to the formation of IRPA.
- TREASURER'S REPORT — HPS Treasurer Darrell Fisher informs HPS members of the Society's financial status.
- NOTES — AAHP President Paul Stansbury discusses the IRPA Guiding Principles for Radiation Protection Professionals on Stakeholder Engagement.
- HPS PDS — Rich Brey gives details about the 2010 HPS PDS, 23-26 June in Pocatello, Idaho.
- MORE HPS MIDYEAR MEETING SPEAKERS present their opinions of the most important lessons learned based on the 27/9/3 template introduced by Vincent Covello.
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX — Dade Moeller helps to clarify the controversy about the history of the LNT dose response hypothesis.
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article discusses medical management of criticality accident victims: Then and Now Part II.
- CHP CORNER — Information about the AAHP Special Session on radiation dose reconstruction for epidemiology that will be held at the 2010 HPS meeting in Salt Lake City.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month Paul Frame discusses the CD V-755 high school kit.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 7 display ads and 19 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.