Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page March 2010 issue of Health Physics News.
- COVER — PDS Deans Ray Johnson, Kelly Classic, and Jim De Zetter share their reactions to what was considered a timely and informative PDS held 27-28 January following the 2010 HPS Midyear Meeting.
- Armin Ansari explains how the idea for the 2010 HPS PDS came about.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Howard Dickson discusses how we can ensure both safety and security at the same time – can it be done? He's referring to the current controversy over backscatter scanning at airports.
- CHAPTER LEADERSHIP 101 – If you’ve been thinking about running for a Society office, but are a little scared of the commitment, plan on attending Chapter Leadership 101 at the Salt Lake City HPS Annual Meeting.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses the election of Republican Scott Brown to the Senate.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Dan Strom discusses the article "Used Nuclear Fuel Management: The Back End of the Fuel Cycle" by Andrew Sowder in the January 2010 issue of Health Physics News.
- Andrew Sowder responds to Dan's comments.
- Laurence Friedman responds to the January President's Message.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Midwest Chapter is planning its Annual Midwest Health Physics Technical Symposium.
- PHOTOS FROM THE 2010 HEALTH PHYSICS SOCIETY MIDYEAR MEETING IN ALBUQUERQUE
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — NCRP releases Report No. 161
- PART THREE OF THE INTERNAL DOSIMETRY SERIES — This article, "Understanding Internal Dosimetry," is written by Keith Eckerman.
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article discusses three cases of exposure to a 60Co radiotherapy source: Part III.
- CHP CORNER — Updates on the 2009 ABHP activities, the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee, and the AAHP Appeals Committee.
- PHOTOS TAKEN IN THE EXHIBIT HALL AT THE HPS MIDYEAR MEETING
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month Paul Frame discusses the Atomic Bomb Pin.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads and 17 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.