Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page November 2009 issue of Health Physics News which includes a four-page color insert.
- COVER — This month begins a series of articles about internal dosimetry, coordinated by Mike Stabin.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Howard Dickson discusses the advantages of having the online Membership Handbook.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly focuses on the need for the Society to attract young people to the health physics profession and for obtaining federal funding for scholarships and fellowships.
- CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SYD PORTER
- CHAPTER NEWS — North Central Chapter member Jerry Artz highlights the fall meeting of the chapter held at the Minnesota Department of Health in St. Paul.
- North Carolina Chapter members are seeking speakers for the 2010 spring meeting tribute to James E. Watson, Jr.
- TREASURER'S REPORT — HPS Treasurer Darrell Fisher informs HPS members about the Society budget.
- NOTES — Eric W. Abelquist is named ORAU Executive Vice President and Deputy Director of ORISE.
- Dan McGrane reflects on the 2009 HPS annual meeting held in Minneapolis.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Vicki Morris from the HPS Membership Committee welcomes 184 new HPS members who have joined the Society since April 2009.
- ELMER AND THE CHAIN SAW
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article, a four-page color insert in the newsletter, discusses the evaluation of acute local radiation injury – thermography for fluoroscopy injuries.
- THAT’S A GOOD QUESTION — This is a new column where we'll be presenting a wide variety of interesting questions and answers that come up in our HPS ATE website feature.
- CHP CORNER — The CHP Corner this month includes continuing education update, parliamentarian's report, and exam site committee activities.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month Paul Frame discusses Art Snell's electroscopes.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.