Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page October 2009 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Andy Karam and Brian Vetter give an overview of the 2009 Professional Development School.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dickson shows how Wriston's Law can be applied to health physics.
- 2010 HPS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SCHOOL (PDS) — Kelly Classic invites Society members to attend the 2010 PDS on Radiation Risk Communication in Albuquerque 27-29 January.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly explains rules for filling congressional vacancies.
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — Mike Grissom gives his thoughts about the 2009 HPS and AAPM Annual Meetings.
- RESPONSE TO MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — Howard Dickson responds to Grissom's point of view.
- HPS 2020–CHARTING THE COURSE FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS — Kathryn Pryor invites members to share thoughts and suggestions for where the Society ought to be in 10 years and how we ought to get there.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC awards nuclear education grants.
- 54TH ANNUAL MEETING PHOTOS
- CHAPTER NEWS — Pete and Karen Myers list the activities of the South Texas Chapter of the HPS.
- The North Carolina Chapter announces an upcoming fall meeting and PEP that will be held 22-23 October in Charlotte.
- SECTION NEWS — The Accelerator Section establishes a student award in honor of Lutz Moritz.
- NOTES — The 5th Annual Advanced LSO Workshop was a success.
- HPS affiliate Alliance for Radiation Safety releases "Image Gently" educational materials.
- Captain Aaron Thompson receives the Army Nuclear Medical Science Officer Company Grade Officer of the Year.
- REAC/TS — This month's REAC/TS Registry article deals with the evaluation of acute local radiation injury.
- CHP CORNER — The AAHP approves committee assignments.
- Ray Johnson gives the state of the AAHP finances.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month, Paul Frame talks about prehistoric shipping labels.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 7 display ads and 15 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.