Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page September 2009 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — The use of cytogenetic biodosimetry in radiation emergency planning is explored.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dickson encourages HPS members to volunteer.
- THE RESURGENCE OF NUCLEAR POWER — This, the sixth installment of the Resurgence of Nuclear Power series, deals with radiation safety at nuclear power plants.
- NOTES — The 21st AMUG meeting was held in Las Vegas in May
- The HPS 2010 Midyear Meeting will be held 24-27 January in Albuquerque.
- ATE topic editors recognized
- HPS laboratory accreditation program news
- Susan Langhorst appointed to advisory committee on medical uses of isotopes
- Winners of books at the HPS Publication Booth at the HPS annual meeting
- HPS rubber chicken tradition
- ELDA E. ANDERSON AWARD SPEECH by Susan Jablonski
- REAC/TS — This month’s REAC/TS Registry article deals with two cases of 131I administration in pregnancy.
- THE 2009 ORAU MUG — William Herbert Rollins (1852-1929)
- CHP CORNER — Professional Standards and Ethics Committee report and answers to questions regarding eligibility for the ABHP exam are discussed.
- HPS OPEN MIC NIGHT — photos
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month, Paul Frame talks about a famous Lichtenberg figure and its tree of fire.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 9 display ads and 15 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.