Health Physics News
Highlights of the 24-page August 2009 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Howard Dickson took office as the 54th president of the Health Physics Society at the 2009 HPS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis. We invite you to sit back and read a bit about him and his plans for the year.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Toohey comes to the end of his term as HPS president and in his final President's Message thanks those who have helped him along the way and discusses some HPS ideas that are important to him.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Washington Representative David Connolly reminds readers to "respect your Member of Congress' dedication to his or her job."
- CORRESPONDENCE Dade Moeller comments on the article written by Richard Osborne that was published in the June Health Physics News.
- Joel Cehn discusses communication techniques.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Members of the Colorado State University Student Branch participated in a week-long practicum at Los Alamos National Laboratory teaching a sixth-grade class about radiation.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Awards Committee Chair Kevin Nelson announces the recipients of the HPS awards given at the awards reception at the annual meeting in Minneapolis.
- NOTES — The obituary of William Forrest "Bill" Kendall
- Dade Moeller suggests having an HPS luncheon for amateurs.
- Paul DeLuca Jr. is named provost at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- HUNTING LESSONS FROM ELMER
- TWENTY-FIVE-YEAR MEMBERS OF THE HPS ARE ANNOUNCED.
- REAC/TS — This month’s REAC/TS Registry article is about radioactive iodine administration in pregnancy, Part II.
- CHP CORNER — Call for AAHP nominations, the William A. McAdams Award, and the Professional Development Committee are discussed.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month, Paul Frame talks about a big BF3 tube (ca. 1960).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 9 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.