Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page July 2009 issue of Health Physics News that includes the CHP News insert
- COVER — Men and women who have had an important influence on the field of health physics are honored on mugs handed out by ORAU at HPS annual meetings. Reading this month’s cover story will help you meet these important people with information writer Mary Walchuk gathered from sources including the HPS calendar celebrating the 100th anniversary of the discovery of x rays and radioactivity.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Toohey reminds us about the session on the draft International Radiation Protection Association guiding principles for stakeholder engagement to be held on 13 July in conjunction with the 2009 HPS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — The HPS has achieved "a seat at the table" in the nation’s capital.
- NCRP RELEASES REPORT NO. 159, Risk to the Thyroid from Ionizing Radiation.
- THANK YOU to Dade Moeller & Associates, Inc., for a generous gift that will establish the Dade Moeller Fund.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Andy Karam gives an update for the International Collaborations Committee.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Reports from the North Carolina and Virginia Chapters joint meeting and from the Columbia Chapter.
- NOTES — The topic for the 2009 PDS is NORM/TENORM.
- The HPJ Archive DVD – What’s Next?
- Ray Guilmette summarizes the HEIR 2009 Conference.
- IRPA 12 Congress proceedings are now available.
- The golden anniversary of a great lady – read Mark Maiello’s story about the Savannah, the first nuclear-powered merchant ship ever built.
- REAC/TS — This month’s REAC/TS Registry article is about radioactive iodine administration in pregnancy.
- CHP CORNER — TP-PR Committee pursues CHP title protection.
- Part II Examination Panel Workshop was held in January.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month, Paul Frame talks about the Radiendocrinator (ca. 1925-1930).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 13 display ads and 13 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.