Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page April 2009 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — The 2009 HPS Annual Meeting will be held in Minneapolis this summer. HPS session chairs share what excites them most about the sessions they have been planning.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dick Toohey highlights the recent HPS midyear meeting held in San Antonio.
- NOTES — If you're planning to attend the HPS annual meeting this summer, Andy Astleford and Janet Silsby give you some ideas for entertainment while in Minneapolis.
- We were informed of the deaths of Patrica W. Durbin and Herman Cember. Complete obituaries will appear in the May issue of Health Physics News.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly discusses the large increase in federal funding for science.
- 2009 SPECIAL ELECTION — HPS Secretary Kathryn Pryor explains the objectives for a special election.
- BENEFITS OF HPS MEMBERSHIP — Read about the new Toolbox feature on the HPS Website.
- CDC VOLUNTEER RADIATION PROFESSIONALS ROUNDTABLE — John Lanza gives highlights of the recent roundtable held at the CDC in Atlanta.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Personnel have been selected to staff the HPS Government Relations Program.
- HPS Past President Brian Dodd becomes the latest HPS member to join the ASLBP.
- The IM2010 Conference will be held in March 2010 in Athens, Greece.
- NCRP — NCRP Report No. 160
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX — This article by Dade Moeller and Casper Sun reports on 210Po in cigarettes.
- MORE HPS MIDYEAR MEETING PHOTOS
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER — Morgan Cox informs readers of the status and projected future for 17 ANSI standards in effect for radiation protection instrumentation in the United States.
- REAC/TS — The fifth article on internal contamination with radioactive materials
- CHP CORNER — Reports from the chairs of the AAHP Appeals Committee, the Nominating Committee, and the Professional Standards and Ethics Committees
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month’s Archives article is about Stafford Warren's Geiger counter.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.