Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page December 2008 issue of Health Physics News, which includes the CHP News insert:
- COVER — Nearly 50 HPS members attended the IRPA 12 meeting in Buenos Aires 19-24 October 2008. In the cover story this month, Richard Vetter highlights the meeting.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Dick Toohey gives his impressions of IRPA 12.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly continues last month's focus on the second President of the United States, John Adams.
- EDITORIAL — Dade Moeller writes about the 2002 and 2008 Yucca Mountain Repository Standards—a dilemma that the HPS can help Congress and the EPA resolve.
- COMMENTARY — Mark Maiello approaches the CsCl irradiators issue in a creative manner.
- NANO PARTICLE SESSION — A reminder of the HPS Nano Particle Session planned for the upcoming HPS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis.
- REFLECTIONS ON IRPA — Brian Dodd reflects on happenings at IRPA 12.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Brian Dodd and Dick Toohey each give their views of IRPA politics.
- David Horn responds to Chris Davey and Kelly Classic on the subject of public radiophobia.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Members of the Great Lakes Chapter met in September and held a "Madame Curry" dinner.
- NOTES — The fourth in a series of articles regarding the 2009 HPS Midyear Meeting in San Antonio.
- Obituaries of Bill J. McMurray, Robert H. Wilson, and Ronald Schrotke Sr.
- Information about the 54th Annual HPS Meeting to be held in Minneapolis 12-16 July 2008.
- REAC/TS — Part I of Internal Contamination with Radioactive Materials—this month the article deals with radiocesium and the radiological accident in Goiânia, Brazil, in 1987.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about an RTG for the heart.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 13 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.