Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page May 2008 issue of Health Physics News:
- COVER — This month's cover story explains what we have learned through the NCI studies of health effects following the Chornobyl nuclear accident.
- EDITORIAL — Andy Karam questions whether we as a society, or as a Society, have become so focused on radiation safety and radiological risk reduction that we have lost sight of the larger picture.
- AGENCY NEWS — Jaczko is appointed to a second term as NRC Commissioner and Svinicki is sworn in as a new Commissioner.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Capitol Hill Day in Washington, DC.
- TREASURER'S REPORT — HPS Treasurer Dave Allard gives readers a financial update of the Society.
- HPS IRPA 12 DELEGATE INFORMATION
- RADIUM TALES — This month Bill Belanger tells his story about "A Radium Needle in a Haystack."
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The Membership Committee lists the 478 new HPS members who have joined the Society since March 2007.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Sarah Roberts is promoted to associate director at ORAU.
- NOTES — Make plans to attend the 53rd HPS meeting, to be held in Pittsburgh.
- NCRP releases Commentary No. 20.
- Bela Kovach died on 19 March 2008.
- CHP CORNER — What to expect at the upcoming AAHP Special Session at the Pittsburgh meeting.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Zeuto.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 7 display ads and 13 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.