Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page April 2008 issue of Health Physics News:
- COVER — Linnea Wahl, 2008 Professional Development School Administrative Dean, reflects on the PDS held in Oakland.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Kevin Nelson gives his comments on the HPS preliminary survey results.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly explains the value of coalitions.
- MORE MIDYEAR PHOTOS
- RADIUM TALES — In our newest Health Physics News column, "Radium Tales," Joel Lubenau describes early investigations by "Radium Hounds" of the losses of radium.
- BOOK REVIEW — Mark L. Miller reviews the book Power to Save the World: The Truth about Nuclear Energy by Gwyneth Cravens.
- The IX Radiation Physics and Protection Conference will be held 15-19 November 2008 in Egypt.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Chapter news for the Georgian Health Physics Society.
- ANNUAL ANSI Z136 Laser Safety Meeting was held in February.
- NOTES — The obituary of Donald L. Collins
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — HPS member Reza Moridi is elected to the Ontario Parliament.
- 2009 HPS Midyear Meeting is 31 January-3 February in San Antonio, Texas.
- REAC/TS — Part IV: Industrial Radiography Accidents – U.S.A.
- CHP CORNER — The Nominating Committee and AAHP Appeals Committee chairs update members.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about Radioluminescent Buttons.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 14 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.