Health Physics News
Highlights of the 24-page February 2008 issue of Health Physics News:
- COVER — Thomas S. Tenforde and Antone L. Brooks tell readers what to expect at the upcoming 14-15 April NCRP 2008 Annual Meeting.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — Kevin Nelson gives readers some generational information that may be useful when hiring and retaining health physicists.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses how the HPS president worked to convince congressional leaders to include health physics in academic funding.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Florida Chapter held a joint meeting with the Florida Chapter of the AAPM.
- ELMER STORY — Elmer and the Channel Cat
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Nominations for HPS officers should be sent to John Frazier.
- NOTES — The September issue of Health Physics CD is online.
- HEALTH PHYSICS SOCIETY WELCOMES NEW OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS FOR 2008-2009
- REAC/TS — Part II: Industrial Radiography Accidents – Mexico
- CHP CORNER — Call for 2008 McAdams Award nominations.
- Jay Maisler, chair of the Professional Development Committee, updates readers on the PDC activities.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is on the Wimshurst Static Machine (ca. 1890s).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 15 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.