Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page December 2007 issue of Health Physics News, which includes the CHP News insert.
- COVER — This month's cover story will help you make your decision to go to IRPA 12 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 19-24 October 2008. Rodolfo Touzet, who is a member of the IRPA 12 International Congress Organising Committee, and in charge of international relations, shares information about the Congress with readers.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Kevin Nelson devotes his message to the current efforts of the Homeland Security Committee and volunteerism.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses low-level radioactive waste disposal issues.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC establishes a new advisory panel on nuclear materials licensing vulnerabilities.
- NRC issues a new edition of the Information Digest.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Updates from the Western New York, Baltimore-Washington, and North Central Chapters.
- Associate Web Editor for Society Operations Keith Dinger reminds chapter officers to update their chapter reports to the Board of Directors before the next Board meeting in Oakland on 27 January.
- NOTES — NCRP releases Report No. 156.
- NCRP 44th Annual Meeting will be held 14-15 April 2008 in Bethesda, Maryland.
- 2008 Professional Development School textbook is sure to be a classic.
- Mayor Dellums welcomes HPS members to Oakland for the Midyear Topical Meeting 27-30 January 2008.
- 2008 NREP Conference will be held in Las Vegas 7-10 April 2008.
- Obituary of Eugene L. Saenger.
- "A Note from Eve Curie Labouisse" – story by Joel Lubenau.
- ANSI standards for nonionizing radiation.
- 2008 STUDENT TRAVEL/WORKER GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIP FORMS
- HPS APPROVES PIDE
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about radioactive fences.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 8 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.