Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page October 2007 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — The cover story this month brings readers up to date on the return of the ORISE Cytogenetic Biodosimetry Laboratory.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — This month's Message relates to a dues and meeting registration increase which was approved at the annual meeting in Portland.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — This month the discussion centers on the Brazil/Argentina example for inspection of each other's nuclear facilities.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC Commissioner Edward McGaffigan Jr. dies.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Members of the Virginia Chapter and the Western New York Chapter meet.
- A fall meeting is scheduled for the North Carolina Chapter.
- SHADES OF WILLARD — An Elmer story by Ken Miller
- 2008 HPS STUDENT TRAVEL/WORKER GRANT AND FELLOWSHIP FORMS
- NOTES — HPS members are invited to become a member of the Herbert M. Parker Foundation and join in promoting the health physics profession.
- Melvin W. Carter obituary
- PDS reminder
- Things to do while attending the HPS midyear meeting in Oakland
- Priscilla Butler summarizes the ACR's White Paper on "Radiation Dose in Medicine."
- Reprint about HPS Past President Lauriston S. Taylor that was published in the Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- CHP CORNER — Summary of the AAHP Special Session on health physics education at the HPS meeting in Portland
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Q-Gas Counter (ca. 1949).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 11 display ads and 19 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.