Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page August 2007 issue of Health Physics News.
- COVER — This month's cover story introduces readers to new HPS President Kevin Nelson.
- EDITORIAL — Mark Maiello tells us "five things about health physics and nuclear engineering that you wouldn't have believed would happen in your lifetime."
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses the energy bill that includes a provision to require a national "renewable portfolio standard."
- AGENCY NEWS — Status of new fingerprinting requirements for increased controls licensees
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The 21st International L H Gray Conference will be held in June 2008 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — A listing of the HPS awards that were presented at the awards reception and dinner at the annual meeting in Portland
- NOTES — Obituaries of John A. Leonowich and Robert Ludlum
- Evelyn Watson honored with the Loevinger-Berman Award for Internal Dosimetry
- Twenty-five-year and fifty-year members of the HPS are announced.
- POSITION STATEMENTS — Two HPS Position Statements—Ultraviolet Radiation and Public Health and Managing Spent Nuclear Fuel—have been approved for publication in this month's newsletter.
- CHP CORNER — The AAHP is seeking nominations for AAHP officers in 2009.
- The William A. McAdams Award has been presented to Kathryn H. Pryor.
- CHP exam Part II panel is announced.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Kingston advertising pencil.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 14 display ads, 14 short courses, and 3 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.