Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page July 2007 issue of Health Physics News.
- COVER — This month's cover story will give you the scoop on the DVD that came with your September 2006 Health Physics Journal and also some information on the HPS special publications.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — A message from the outgoing president and the incoming president
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly explains the changes in reporting requirements for lobbyists in both the House and Senate.
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC approves final rule on expanded definition of byproduct material.
- SECTION NEWS — The Environmental and Radon Sections rise again.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Lake Mead Chapter has taken an interest in the Boy Scout Nuclear Science Merit Badge.
- The Rio Grande Chapter held its annual technical meeting in May.
- SNAPPER SOUP — Another delightful story by Ken Miller about his friend Elmer.
- ANSI STANDARD — Alex Boerner and Morgan Cox were cochairs in the development of ANSI N42.37.
- NOTES — Radiation Protection: A Memoir of the National Radiological Protection Board – This book has the story of the NRPB as told by Mike O'Riordan, a former member of staff.
- 2008 Midyear Topical Meeting – the Preliminary Meeting Agenda is listed.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Sander Perle has been appointed president of GDS.
- CHP CORNER — Tom Buhl gives an update of the TP-PR Committee.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Gilbert 238U Atomic Energy Lab.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 12 display ads, 16 short courses, and 4 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.