September 1999 Newsletter Highlights
The September 1999 issue of the HPS Newsletter has 36 pages chocked full of Annual Meeting highlights and photos and a wide range of topics including the following:
- COVER — this month the cover story reflects on the 1999 HPS Annual Meeting with comments by the President, President-elect, Secretary, Board Members, and Committee members.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — Ray Johnson outlines what he plans during his upcoming year as President.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — the Continuing Education Committee has arranged for HPS members to subscribe to NCRP Publications at a 20 percent discount.
- The Nominating Committee announces the nominees for offices for 2000.
- The History Committee proposes new initiatives.
- The Summer School Committee gives reflections of the 1999 HPS Summer School.
- The Public Education Committee is moving forward with several projects.
- This month the SPOTLIGHT shines on the HPS website.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The South Texas Chapter gives an update of its activities.
- Read the WIPP article and see the photos on pages 16-19 of this month's Newsletter detailing the first shipments of TRU waste to the WIPP plant.
- There are two photo pages from the HPS meeting in Philadelphia.
- This Newsletter includes the 1999 Elda E. Anderson Award speech and photos of the new awardee and of previous Award winners who attended the Philadelphia meeting.
- NOTES has information on the 33rd Midyear Topical Meeting coming up in January and the ARSCE 2000 meeting to be held in Denver in June.
- The CHP CORNER has highlights from the Open Business Meeting in Philadelphia. The President, the President-elect, the Secretary, the Treasurer, and the Chair of the ABHP all give reports.
- Liz Gemski gives a rundown on the House passing the Energy and Water Appropriations Bill in the INSIDE THE BELTWAY column.
- ADVERTISING — There are 5½ pages of display ads, four pages of short courses, and four companies offering job opportunities.
If you'd like to include an article or an advertisement in the Newsletter, contact Sharon Hebl at 507-362-8958 or email: email@example.com.