Seal Beach, CA. Please contact through HPS website.
Brigham Young University (BYU) – Provo, UT B.S. Public Health, Health Science
BYU Independent Study* (Distance) Graduate School, Non-Degree
*Currently Non-Degree Student preparing for entry into a part-time graduate program and CHP exam
UCLA Health, Environmental Health and Safety – Santa Monica, CA
Health Physicist October 2017 – February 2018
- Development of all aspects of the UCLA Health Radiation Safety Program (RSP) under the direction of the Director of EHS and RSP Manager.
- Working with Nuclear Medicine and Radiology faculty, physicians, and staff to ensure the safe use of radioactive material and radiation producing machines in the healing arts.
- Serving as the on-site subject matter expert for the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica.
UC Irvine, Environmental Health and Safety – Irvine, CA
Radiation Safety Specialist/Health Physicist April 2016 – October 2017
- Development and implementation of all aspects of the UCI Radiation Safety Division (RSD) under the direction of the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).
- Lead in reviewing and developing RSD procedures and justification/purpose documents, with respect to dispersible radionuclides and radiation producing machines.
- Management and operation of the analytical instrumentation/calibration laboratory and lead in radioactive waste management.
- Performed scheduled radiation protection audits, contamination surveys, and environmental monitoring.
- Lead in campus radiation producing machine safety under the supervision of the RSO.
- First six months spent in a dual role as a Senior Health Physics Technician with increasing responsibilities.
- Facilities include a 250-kilowatt steady-state power Mark I TRIGA Reactor, the UCI Brain Imaging Center, the UCI
Medical School and academic research laboratories.
BYU, Risk Management – Provo, UT
Regulated Waste Assistant (Hazardous Materials) January 2012 – January 2014
- Worked under the RCRA Specialist and Environmental Manager to ensure campus workshop and laboratory safety with respect to hazardous and radioactive materials.
- Trained in biohazard, chemical, and radiation safety; including applicable DOT, EPA, NRC, and OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for proper removal, characterization, storage, and disposal of all regulated waste in accordance with Federal and State Laws.
- Performed laboratory surveys and identification/classification of unknown materials.
- Operated various bio-hazardous and hazardous waste disposal or recycling equipment, including routine repairs.
- American Nuclear Society, Professional Member 2017 - Present
- Health Physics Society, Full Member 2017 - Present
- BYU Enriched Environment Scholarship 2011-2015
- BYU Rugby National Champions 2013, 2014, 2015
(This résumé was posted on 27 February 2018.)