OBJECTIVE: A position located near Charlotte, NC related to nuclear, radiation protection engineering, or health physics that increases the profitability of my employer and enhances my opportunity for future personal and professional growth.
EDUCATION: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
B. S. in Nuclear Engineering, September 2008
EXPERIENCE: September 2008 – Present
Savannah River Remediation
Senior Health Physicist
Radiological Engineering & Health Physics (RE&HP) group
Savannah River Site (SRS), Aiken, SC
- Participating in a strong nuclear safety culture that permeated the company from the bottom up.
- Using computer modeling software (MCNP and MicroShield) to determine gamma shielding thicknesses for purposes of both work planning and meeting regulatory criteria.
- Interfacing with project team members from other disciplines (structural, mechanical, & project engineering, scheduling, Radiological Controls (RadCon), Maintenance, Operations, etc.) to ensure that 10CFR835, DOE-STD-1098-99, and SRS radiological criteria for design and operations are met for new construction and facility modification.
- Documenting complex calculations according to the exacting standards of the SRS engineering program.
- Reviewing calculations, memoranda, reports, and drawings from other RE&HP group members, RadCon, and designers to ensure accuracy, quality, and regulatory compliance for my coworkers.
- Determining radiobioassay nuclides of concern for facility operation.
- Created an extremity dose rate conversion factor based on skin and whole-body readings from contaminated equipment.
- Participated in a LEAN event that reduced the approval cycle and need for re-work of design packages.
- Information regarding security clearances held can be obtained by contacting me using the "Contact" button at the bottom of this page.
COMPUTERS: Windows XP, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), MCNP, SCALE (ORIGEN-ARP), MicroShield, Adobe Acrobat Pro, UNIX, Linux, FORTRAN
ACTIVITIES: Aiken Choral Society, performer and Member-At-Large on the Board of Directors, 2013-2016
REFERENCES: Available upon request
(This résumé was posted on 16 April 2017.)